50 RULES OF LIFE
Rule 11: Ask All the Questions
Genius is not having all the answers, but instead, is the ability to create the questions. Once a question is conceived and thoroughly understood, answering it is fairly straight-forward. However, most of the time where we fall short is in not asking the questions.
Whether we are talking about the questions of science or the questions of everyday living, the issue is the same:
1) When you are faced with a problem, don't accept the first solution that comes to mind. Ask questions!
2) When you are stumped, don't give up. Ask questions!
3) If you don't know where to start, don't become overwhelmed. Ask questions!
4) If you are confused about someone's behavior, don't assume. Ask questions!
5) When you don't know what to say, don't sit silently. Ask questions!
6) When you have a decision to make, don't accept someone else's choice. Ask questions!
7) If you are uncertain, don't do the expected. Ask questions!
Socrates, the Greek philosopher, reminds us, “Wisdom begins in wonder.”
Ask all the questions!
Copyright © 2014 Excel At Life, LLC
Permission to post this article is granted if it includes this entire copyright
and an active link.